How My Book Taught Me to Dare
There was a time when social media represented everything I ran away from.
Photos? Not my thing. Publishing? Those who know me can attest, you’d never see me share anything. And videos? Forget it.
I was one of those who preferred to stay in the shadows, silent, invisible, exactly as I liked it.
Then one day, a message arrived, an invitation to share.
A book in one message.
Against all odds, this simple notification sparked something unexpected in me: the desire to try, to obey, and to give. But not just in any way. I prayed for courage, the courage to take the plunge, to face the gaze of others, the judgments, the contradictions.
Because yes, on social media, everything is commented on.
Of course, there were remarks, sometimes destabilizing, sometimes disconnected. And in front of them, I learned to smile. A smile complicit with myself, because I knew from the start: I couldn’t escape it. It was the price of stepping out of my comfort zone.
But something changed. It was the book Carrying a Hurt: From Burden to Freedom.
Without it, I would have remained silent. Without it, I would never have found the strength to become visible.
This book, which I carried with me before sharing it, became much more than a project: it was a trigger, a bridge between my reserve and my need to express myself. It gave me courage. It gave me a push forward. It helped me lift my head.
Today, I measure how far I’ve come. It wasn’t just about publication, it was about inner transformation. Speaking out meant allowing myself to exist differently, without denying who I was, but by embracing growth.
Daring Despite Doubt
I didn’t have a mentor to guide me. No large network, no publishing experience, no clear roadmap. Just an inner conviction: this book had to exist. I moved forward with what I had, personal experience, research, mistakes, prayers. Every step was a leap of faith. I learned to trust God, the inner voice that whispered, keep going, even if you don’t see the rest yet.
Daring to Show Myself
I was never one for the spotlight. Social media, photos, videos, all foreign to me. Yet my book pushed me out of my comfort zone. Sharing my message meant showing myself not to be seen, but to be real. By sharing my experiences and lessons, I realized that vulnerability is not weakness; it is a silent force that touches hearts.
Daring Despite Rejection
During production, there were refusals, silences, doors that closed. Each time, I doubted, but I continued. These “no’s” taught me perseverance, faith, and patience. Refusal is not the end of a dream, it is a test of determination.
Some who said no at first returned with a yes. What changed? Maybe nothing human, maybe time, or the invisible hand of God that acts when we remain faithful. I learned that sometimes, you don’t need to force things: what is truly meant to exist will find its way.
Daring to Believe in My Voice
At first, I asked myself: “Who am I to write a book?” I loved reading, and often checked authors bios, titles, diplomas, impressive careers. It was intimidating. But each word I wrote brought me closer to a truth: you don’t need to be famous to be useful, nor perfect to be heard.
My book taught me to trust my voice and recognize that what God places in our hearts is worth sharing, even if it’s just a spark.
Daring to Accept Visibility
When I accepted international publication, it was more than an accomplishment, it was a step toward freedom. To have my book read in other countries, on other platforms, by strangers, meant daring to say to the world: This is what I experienced, this is what I learned.
A step I never imagined taking before.
Daring to Move Forward Despite Fear
Courage does not eliminate fear, it walks alongside it. My book taught me to move forward despite uncertainty, to transform wounds into messages and shyness into testimony.
This book is more than a published work. It is a symbol of everything I dared: to write without a guide, to believe without proof, to show myself despite fear, and to say yes to visibility.
It taught me that light is not always at the end of the road; sometimes it’s simply in having had the courage to move forward.
If you, too, prefer the shadows, if you fear judgment or the gaze of others, know this: a single project, a passion, a book, can change everything. It’s not about becoming someone else, it’s about letting a part of you express itself and grow.
For a long time, I believed courage was reserved for others. Speaking in public, sharing ideas, showing thoughts to the world all seemed impossible. Then I wrote my book. It wasn’t just a project; it was a personal challenge. Exposing emotions, thoughts, and experiences to strangers was learning to stand tall despite fear.
Writing Carrying a Hurt: From Burden to Freedom taught me that courage is not absence of fear, it’s moving forward in spite of it. Each page was a small act of audacity, daring to explore wounds, put words to fragility, and share what felt intimate.
Lessons Learned
• Authenticity breeds courage: The more sincere I was, the stronger I felt.
• Perseverance matters: Every word, every chapter, was a victory over doubt.
• Action turns courage into influence: Publishing opened doors, conversations, encounters, and the chance to inspire.
My book is not just an object, it is a witness of my audacity, my ability to face fears and move forward. Every act of authenticity, every word we dare to share, brings us closer to the light.
Writing and publishing taught me to dare.
And I believe everyone can find their own way, through a book, a project, or a simple act of courage in daily life.
The adventure has only just begun. 🌿
Let’s grow lighter together!

Comments
Post a Comment